- easy jog around the court
- shuffle to the right
- shuffle to the left
- back peddling
- butt kick
- high knees with a skip and knee up to shoulder
- straight leg lifts
- line jumps 3x side jump 25, front to back 25x and criss cross
- net jump
- sprint around court
- suicide line drills
- jump alley one leg up the river
- one leg square jumps around the +, then each leg, then backwards
- advanced will jog mutiple miles daily
- super advanced box jumps
- ? in the works
even the pros do my warm up routine.
- "Always keep your eye on the ball"
- "work hard your entire lesson"
- "never give up, always go for the ball!"
- "practice as much as you can"
Online Tennis Tips:
Tennis Channel: OMC Serving "Hip Tip" with David as the player
Are You in the 100 Club:?
Practice this drill at warm-up and you will see improvement in your game. It's a 3 level warm-up drill up to 100 hits per level; starts off with Mini Tennis, then on to Volley's and finally with Baseline Ground-strokes.
Quick Tip: Don't get down if you can't get to 100 on the first try. To
start off choose a lower number (25, 30...) and each week increase that
number until your reach 100.
- You and a partner hit (mini tennis) 1 ball 100 times (50 each)
- Mini Tennis: Each player stands at mid court (on service line) and passes the ball to each other (no winners), letting the ball bounce once before it reaches the other player.
- You and a partner hit (volleys) 1 ball 100 times (50 each)
- Volleys: Each player stands a long arm length from the net and passes the ball to each other (no winners), not letting the ball hit the ground.
- You and a partner hit (ground-strokes) 1 ball 100 times (50 each)
- Baseline Ground-strokes: Each player stands at the baseline and passes the ball to each other (no winners), letting the ball bounce once before it reaches the other player.
GOOD LUCK and practice consistency, keep it alive!!!